Monitors

David N7NTN

I have 3 monitors I'm giving away if anyone's interested. If not I'll donate them to Value Village.
They work fine but they don't have HDMI outlets, DVI only.
Two are 20"diagonal with slightly different dimensions: 10" x 17.5"  & 10.75" x 17"
The 3rd one is small: ~15" diagonal  9" x 12"
Send me an email if you want one. Otherwise I'll give them away first part of next week.
David N7NTN

Steve Stroh N8GNJ

FYI HDMI is a superset of DVI. Thus it only requires a simple cheap adapter dongle or a DVI to HDMI cable to get monitors with a DVI input to work with an HDMI-only device (like a Raspberry Pi).

--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ (he / him / his)
Editor

David N7NTN

...yes, I use an adapter for one of my R-pi's. I just have too many monitors.

On 7/16/22 13:38, Steve Stroh N8GNJ wrote:
[...]

Francisco

I am having truoble hooking up[ p-star

Ash Eastham

Does anyone have any 12 volt 16" monitors laying around?

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022, 1:12 PM David N7NTN <n7ntn@...> wrote:
I have 3 monitors I'm giving away if anyone's interested. If not I'll donate them to Value Village.
They work fine but they don't have HDMI outlets, DVI only.
Two are 20"diagonal with slightly different dimensions: 10" x 17.5"  & 10.75" x 17"
The 3rd one is small: ~15" diagonal  9" x 12"
Send me an email if you want one. Otherwise I'll give them away first part of next week.
David N7NTN

Gayland Gump KG7GCF

Ash, you might want to take David up on one of these monitors even if it isn't 12v.  As Steve said an inexpensive adapter would at least give you a monitor that you could use when you are using the your pi at home.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On 7/16/22 18:19, Gayland Gump KG7GCF wrote:
[...]

Art - KC7SDA

I might be interested. Let me know before you want to take them to value village, I have a few project ideas that need 'throw away' monitors for =)

On 7/16/2022 1:12 PM, David N7NTN wrote:
I have 3 monitors I'm giving away if anyone's interested. If not I'll donate them to Value Village.
They work fine but they don't have HDMI outlets, DVI only.
Two are 20"diagonal with slightly different dimensions: 10" x 17.5"  & 10.75" x 17"
The 3rd one is small: ~15" diagonal  9" x 12"
Send me an email if you want one. Otherwise I'll give them away first part of next week.
David N7NTN

David N7NTN

That's fine, I'll post a last call before I give them away.

On 7/16/22 18:35, Art - KC7SDA wrote:

I might be interested. Let me know before you want to take them to value village, I have a few project ideas that need 'throw away' monitors for =)

On 7/16/2022 1:12 PM, David N7NTN wrote:
I have 3 monitors I'm giving away if anyone's interested. If not I'll donate them to Value Village.
They work fine but they don't have HDMI outlets, DVI only.
Two are 20"diagonal with slightly different dimensions: 10" x 17.5"  & 10.75" x 17"
The 3rd one is small: ~15" diagonal  9" x 12"
Send me an email if you want one. Otherwise I'll give them away first part of next week.
David N7NTN

--
David N7NTN

David N7NTN

I should mention that Value Village usually has 5 or 6 monitors for sale cheap most of the time. Also various sizes of flat screen tvs.

On 7/16/22 18:35, Art - KC7SDA wrote:

I might be interested. Let me know before you want to take them to value village, I have a few project ideas that need 'throw away' monitors for =)

On 7/16/2022 1:12 PM, David N7NTN wrote:
I have 3 monitors I'm giving away if anyone's interested. If not I'll donate them to Value Village.
They work fine but they don't have HDMI outlets, DVI only.
Two are 20"diagonal with slightly different dimensions: 10" x 17.5"  & 10.75" x 17"
The 3rd one is small: ~15" diagonal  9" x 12"
Send me an email if you want one. Otherwise I'll give them away first part of next week.
David N7NTN

--
David N7NTN

Chris - KC9AD

Be careful buying RPi-4 adapter cables. If you are using the Geekworm heat sink, you will see that the micro-HDMI socket is recessed and fat plugs will not insert deep enough to make proper contact. For example, this cable has a skinny micro-HDMI plug and it works perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K21HSQX

This one has a fat plug and will not work with the Geekworm heat sink:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088NDD4PY

Oh, and the plastic around the connector is as hard as a rock and cannot be [safely] carved.

The voice of experience. 73.

Chris KC9AD

For an Rpi-4 you have to add the hdmi to mini hdmi adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Anbear-Camera-Camcorder-Graphics/dp/B07S1ZR4DK/ref=sr_1_9?crid=31F6DT2F74WLJ&keywords=hdmi+to+mini+hdmi+adapter&qid=1658021221&sprefix=hdmi+to+mini+hdmi+adapter%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-9

[...]

Jim Thurston

Hi, where do you get the small adapters?

73,

Jim

On 2022-07-16 1:44 pm, David N7NTN wrote:

[...]

Amazon has them. Search for DVI to HDMI adapter.

On 2022-07-16 1:44 pm, David N7NTN wrote:

[...]

Jim, here's the link Chris' AC9AD provided for the small adapter. Take a look at his note in the groups.io messages.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K21HSQX

Here is a link to the HDMI to dvi cable: