MBARC December Zoom Meeting #announcements #events

Ed Bishop AE7QD

       Hi all,

   It's the second week of the month.  This is inviting you to the MBARC December General meeting on Zoom.   (see below)   We hope to make this another good general get together type of meeting.

   So, continuing with Zoom.  We have the usual reports.  And we will up-date you on other ACS groups in the county.  This is the Christmas meeting.  But sorry, we never organized a dinner meeting, I guess, due to Covid.  So, I'm thinking we can make this a short and lightweight Zoom meeting.

   With no main speaker, our main topic will be a discussion of the idea of running a digital net from Constitution.  We'll probably continue next week at the digital meeting, if necessary.

   I believe there was some Field Day equipment maintenance to do.

   Some repeater work that's been done, and some repeater work to do.  Mainly, Constitution UHF.

   And we may have some new web site stuff to show.  I'm new to groups.io and not sure about the mailing list myself.  So, we should discuss that also.  I'll try sending it with groups.  But, maybe also the old way one more time (If it doesn't seem to work).

   Then maybe we can answer some questions about classes, testing, and radio operation.  I hope to try to answer more help questions from new hams, and anyone else.  We could even discuss a real meeting at the Maker Space.

   I'd like to remind everyone the our yearly dues are about up for renewal and we can discuss our new structure.

   Testing.  We need someone to be the lead organizer.

   The usual "For Sale" virtual table.  Get anything you have, ready to show.  I usually start this early in the meeting so there's time to think.  The list of old equipment from last summer is still available, and I have it.

   Again, I think most of the meeting will be a chance to see everybody again, and get caught up on any news.

   Here is the invitation to the meeting,  I hope to see you there.  It's a new ID and Passcode again.  Maybe we can make a permanent one soon.  It will be recorded, and I'll send a link for downloading it later.

   You will be on mute when you first join the meeting.  In the bottom left corner of the Zoom window is the on/off buttons for the microphone and video.  Click the video on, and the mic. when you are ready to say something.

Ed Bishop AE7QD is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: MBARC December Zoom Meeting
Time: Dec 14, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85679475711?pwd=cUVoZGcrcW92eUsrYnQwclBmb21GZz09

Meeting ID: 856 7947 5711
Passcode: 779019
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,85679475711#,,,,*779019# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,85679475711#,,,,*779019# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 856 7947 5711
Passcode: 779019
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbuzU26JZ1

Steve Stroh N8GNJ

Apologies all - there was a bad setting for most folks on the
main@mbarc.groups.io list, now fixed. Ed emailed this out on Sunday,
but apparently most folks didn't receive it.

The MBARC meeting tonight at 19:00 is at THIS link (only):

--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ
Editor