Kenwood TDH-D72A and accessories for sale

Steve AG7GN

I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com

Andy-kf7vol

Great deal for a wonderful radio!!!

Good luck on the sale.
Guessing it won’t last long.

--
Andy Sayler,
Personal | a9il8tr@...

Rob Sipes KG7GTC

Hi Steve,

Can this radio be used directly with the Nexus via data cable? If so, I'm intetested

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 3:36 PM Steve AG7GN <steve.magnuson@...> wrote:

I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com

Rob Sipes KG7GTC

Hi again,

I can't spell quickly with fat fingers on the phone. I meant to say I'm interested if it's still available and can be used with the Nexus.

Thanks! 73

Rob, KG7GTC

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM Rob Sipes KG7GTC via groups.io <robsipes=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Can this radio be used directly with the Nexus via data cable? If so, I'm intetested

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 3:36 PM Steve AG7GN <steve.magnuson@...> wrote:

I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com

Steve Stroh N8GNJ

Rob:

The special nature of the TH-D72A is that it has APRS and a built-in
TNC for packet radio / APRS with no external hardware required.

It was quite the sexy unit back in the day!

While the TH-D72A CAN be made to work with a Nexus DR-X using the
audio in / audio out / push-to-talk connections, but...

So can ANY portable radio, a basic model which can be bought new for
$100'ish (the better Japanese brands, not Baofeng, etc.)

Steve N8GNJ

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM Rob Sipes KG7GTC via groups.io <robsipes@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can this radio be used directly with the Nexus via data cable? If so, I'm intetested

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 3:36 PM Steve AG7GN <steve.magnuson@...> wrote:

I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

TH-D72A Handheld Transceiver with APRS and built-in TNC
PB-45L Spare Lithium Ion Battery 7.4V 1800 mAh
PG-3J Auto accessory power supply
SMC-34 Speaker/microphone/remote control
BT-15 Battery case for operation with AAA batteries
KSC-32 Rapid Charger
Diamond SRH77CA 2m/70cm HT antenna

All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com
--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ (he / him / his)
Editor

Steve AG7GN

Rob,

I built a cable some time ago that interfaces this radio to a SignaLink and it worked fine with Fldigi. I assume it’ll work the same when connected to the Nexus RJ45 jack with the right Nexus jumpers. I’ll throw in the cable I made.

Since it has a built-in TNC and includes the associated USB cable, it will work directly with RMS Express (for example). Just plug in the USB cable from the radio to the PC, put the radio in TNC mode and point RMS Express to the serial port. The TNC works quite well and I have used it in 9600 mode. Of course, the TNC isn’t useful for Fldigi, which is where the cable I made + Nexus comes into play.

Steve

On Jun 7, 2022, at 4:07 PM, Rob Sipes KG7GTC <robsipes@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan Patrick

I’ll take it it’s still available.

[...]