Re: #training #training

Michael Powell

Hello -

My son is 14 and just passed the Technician test.

He used the following book -

Technician Class 2018-2022: Pass Your Amateur Radio Technician Class Test - The Easy Way (EasyWayHamBooks)

He took the test in Anacortes - the Ham Club down there offers in person tests every 2 months (the next one is in Feb).

He’s now studying for the general license.

(He passed technician and got 50% on general without studying - so I’m assuming you could study for both and take at same time. If you pass technician you can sit for general.)

He just received his call sign from the FCC and is excited to start using his new radio.

On Friday, December 31, 2021, 8:09 PM, Steve Stroh N8GNJ <steve.stroh@...> wrote:

Don’t care about extra spectrum, new callsign or bragging rights enabled by an Extra license. It’s purely a personal goal.

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 19:17 Bruce Prior <n7rr@...> wrote:
What does Amateur Extra Class buy you? Additional spectrum on four HF bands, a prestigious call sign and bragging rights. The only people I'd recommend going for Extra are high school students who have their sights on admission and scholarships for high-profile colleges. Most HF activity takes place on General Class frequencies. Get on the air and have fun!
73,
Bruce Prior N7RR