Re: #training #training

Gayland Gump KG7GCF

Testing, yes, but covid has impacted the testing schedule but efforts are underway to get it back on track.

Classes, not in recent memory.  The question pool and answers are online.  There are many online study resources available as well.

When I decided to get my license, I downloaded the question pool and wrote a simple program that randomly presented me the questions and compared my answers to the pools answers.  Combined with a little study of Ohm's law and, voila, I eventually had enough stuff crammed into my head to pass the Technician's Exam.  I followed the same procedure for my General license.

Basically, if your willing to put in the time you can memorize yourself into passing the exam.  Frankly, once you get past the licensing and have a radio is when you actually start your real learning.  That is also where the fun is.

Finally, if you've something truly doesn't make sense to you, don't hesitate to ask questions here.  The range of experience in the MBARC is incredible and I've no doubt someone will get back to you to help you make sense of things.

Look forward to seeing you on the air!

Gayland
KG7GCF
Gayland
KG7GCF

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 10:03 PM Kristen Hansen <stillbliss@...> wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm posting this message properly.
Does the Mount Baker group ever have classes or offer testing?
Thank you!

Join main@mbarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.