Re: Kenwood TDH-D72A and accessories for sale

Steve AG7GN

Rob,

I built a cable some time ago that interfaces this radio to a SignaLink and it worked fine with Fldigi. I assume it’ll work the same when connected to the Nexus RJ45 jack with the right Nexus jumpers. I’ll throw in the cable I made.

Since it has a built-in TNC and includes the associated USB cable, it will work directly with RMS Express (for example). Just plug in the USB cable from the radio to the PC, put the radio in TNC mode and point RMS Express to the serial port. The TNC works quite well and I have used it in 9600 mode. Of course, the TNC isn’t useful for Fldigi, which is where the cable I made + Nexus comes into play.

Steve

On Jun 7, 2022, at 4:07 PM, Rob Sipes KG7GTC <robsipes@...> wrote:

Hi again,

I can't spell quickly with fat fingers on the phone. I meant to say I'm interested if it's still available and can be used with the Nexus.

Thanks! 73

Rob, KG7GTC

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM Rob Sipes KG7GTC via groups.io <robsipes@...> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Can this radio be used directly with the Nexus via data cable? If so, I'm intetested

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 3:36 PM Steve AG7GN <steve.magnuson@...> wrote:
I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

• TH-D72A Handheld Transceiver with APRS and built-in TNC
• PB-45L Spare Lithium Ion Battery 7.4V 1800 mAh
• PG-3J Auto accessory power supply
• SMC-34 Speaker/microphone/remote control
• BT-15 Battery case for operation with AAA batteries
• KSC-32 Rapid Charger
• Diamond SRH77CA 2m/70cm HT antenna
All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com

Join main@mbarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.