Re: Kenwood TDH-D72A and accessories for sale

Steve Stroh N8GNJ

Rob:

The special nature of the TH-D72A is that it has APRS and a built-in
TNC for packet radio / APRS with no external hardware required.

It was quite the sexy unit back in the day!

While the TH-D72A CAN be made to work with a Nexus DR-X using the
audio in / audio out / push-to-talk connections, but...

So can ANY portable radio, a basic model which can be bought new for
$100'ish (the better Japanese brands, not Baofeng, etc.)

Steve N8GNJ

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:07 PM Rob Sipes KG7GTC <robsipes@...> wrote:

Hi again,

I can't spell quickly with fat fingers on the phone. I meant to say I'm interested if it's still available and can be used with the Nexus.

Thanks! 73

Rob, KG7GTC

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 4:01 PM Rob Sipes KG7GTC via groups.io <robsipes@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can this radio be used directly with the Nexus via data cable? If so, I'm intetested

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022, 3:36 PM Steve AG7GN <steve.magnuson@...> wrote:

I'm selling the following Kenwood HT and related gear:

TH-D72A Handheld Transceiver with APRS and built-in TNC
PB-45L Spare Lithium Ion Battery 7.4V 1800 mAh
PG-3J Auto accessory power supply
SMC-34 Speaker/microphone/remote control
BT-15 Battery case for operation with AAA batteries
KSC-32 Rapid Charger
Diamond SRH77CA 2m/70cm HT antenna

All lightly used, in great condition and in original packaging.

$275 takes it all. Available for pickup in Bellingham.

BONUS: I will throw in an Anytone 868 HT (minus the battery - any 868 or 878 battery will work) that has low TX voice audio level for free.

Steve AG7GN

steve.magnuson AT gmail DOT com
--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ (he / him / his)