(Invitation) MBARC May Zoom Meeting

Ed Bishop AE7QD

     Hi all,

   Here's my invitation version.  The club web site calendar reminder of the meeting will be out soon also.  This one has a copy to our speaker.

   It's the second week of the month.  This is inviting you to the MBARC May 10, 2022 07:00 PM General meeting on Zoom.   (see below)   We hope to make this another good general get together type of meeting.

   So, continuing with Zoom.  We have the usual reports.  And we will up-date you on other ACS groups in the county.

   This month we'll have John Miller K6MM for a presentation on making contacts in some exotic location completely opposite of the weather we've been having.  He has a lot of adventures of DXpeditions to rare, difficult and expensive places.  Here's some preliminary info;

John Miller K6MM is quite an accomplished person with a strong and devote interest and commitment to amateur radio.’ Go to the following link for more about him: https://www.ncdxf.org/officers/k6mm.html.
John was the 2017-2018 President of the Northern California DX Foundation (NCDXF) . The primary purpose of NCDXF is to help fund well-organized DXpeditions to rare, difficult and expensive entities. Visit their website at:  www.ncd the following linkxf.org.
One of his presentations can be seen here: https://youtu.be/_Gl7BxQxeHg. It’s titled The K5P DXexpedition to the Cursed Paradise of Palmyra Atoll.
For his presentation with us John will focus a bit on the history and “back story” of these relatively rare locations to make it more interesting, especially for non-hams (XYLs, YLs, Teenagers, etc.).

   We can also go around the Zoom and see if anybody has something they feel needs to be addressed.  And we're getting closer to summer.  The main thing is "Field Day!"

   There was still some repeater work to do.  Mainly, Constitution UHF.

   Nothing really new with the web site, but it is filling up.

   I hope to try to answer more help questions from new hams, and anyone else.

   Testing.  And we still need someone to be the lead organizer.

   The usual "For Sale" virtual table.  Get anything you have, ready to show.  I usually start this early in the meeting so there's time to think.  We plan to have a Field Day "Fore Sale" table, so get your stuff together.

   I'll also ask if anyone has something they need.

   Again, I think most of the meeting will be a chance to see everybody again, and get caught up on any news.

   Here is the invitation to the meeting,  I hope to see you there.  It's the same ID and Passcode again.  The ID and Passcode will be a permanent one (I think).  So, save this for next time also.  It will be recorded, and I'll send a link for downloading it later.

   You will be on mute when you first join the meeting.  In the bottom left corner of the Zoom window is the on/off buttons for the microphone and video.  Click the video on, and the mic. when you are ready to say something.

Ed Bishop AE7QD is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: MBARC General Zoom Meeting
Time: This is a recurring meeting on the second Tuesday
          May 10, 2022 07:00 PM

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89554002732?pwd=L05vK3ZmTk5oemhXc0xad2tCbjZrQT09

Meeting ID: 895 5400 2732
Passcode: k7skw
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,89554002732#,,,,*575333# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,89554002732#,,,,*575333# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)