Re: MBARC and WECG Joint Field Day

Art - KC7SDA

So, due to some major changes in my life, I'm going to be on the graveyard shift at work, which means I can hop on the radio any time from 10 pm till 630 am!

While I know most people will be sleeping I've never worked overnight for any contest and would love the opportunity to give it a go!

Let me know if you guys want someone to work any time at night and I'll be there!

Art

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022, 7:54 PM Steve Stroh N8GNJ <steve.stroh@...> wrote:
CQ All MBARC Members

This was discussed at the MBARC Board Meeting last night and I
volunteered to put out this bulletin.

We need some volunteers within MBARC to work with some members of WECG
to plan out the details of the 2022 MBARC and WECG Field Day.

Jim Blattner KC7JB has volunteered his QTH for Field Day (same as 2021).

We need volunteers for these functions (and more that we didn't think of)
* Organize equipment
* Organize meals
* Set up operating schedules
* Set up shelter (tents, etc.)
* Set up volunteers for setup and teardown

MBARC owns an IC-735 HF radio, a 2 meter FM radio, and a 440 FM radio.

I (Steve Stroh N8GNJ) volunteer to do outreach for this Field Day,
reaching out to Whatcom County Media and groups that might be
interested (such as TAG NW).

I also committed the MBARC Digital Group to do a "field exercise" to
work through the use of AREDN units to link the various laptop
computers that will be used for coordinated logging at each station.

If you're interested in helping with Field Day, please "self organize"
using this list to advertise your interest in helping, and I'm sure
there's enough cross-fertilization between MBARC members and WECG
members that the two groups can also self-organize.

Thanks,

Steve Stroh N8GNJ for the MBARC Board.

--
Steve Stroh N8GNJ (he / him / his)